WHO WAS TAPPUTI BELATEKALLIM?
She is considered to be the world’s first recorded female chemist, a perfume-maker mentioned in a cuneiform tablet. Archaeologists found a record of her work in clay on a Assyrian cuneiform tablet dating back to 1200 BCE. in Babylonian Mesopotamia. She used flowers, oil and calamus along with cyperus, myrrh and balsam and preserved the fragrance of delicate florals in transit across the Empire by having the fragrant oils prepared in a concrete of fat and wax similar to a modern enfleurage pomade. As a royal perfume-make, Tapputi wasn’t just the head of her own household (which is what Belatekallim means); she is spoken of as being an authority in her field and the official overseer of perfumery in the royal palace.
CARING AND USING FRAGRANCE
Pure and undiluted oil in fragile vintage bottles.
- Keep your oils in a dark place and out of direct sunlight.
- Store them in a place that is kept cool and dry.
- Keep the bottle caps sealed whenever they are not in use.
- Take care to not over tighten the caps.
- Highly flammable. Keep away from naked flames, fire and other heat sources. Do not smoke around fragrance oils.
- Can be highly toxic if swallowed. Keep away from children and pets, especially if they smell like delicious food items.
- Do not drink fragrance oils or eat any product that contains fragrance oils (e.g. wax melts)
- Fragrance oils are not suitable for use in vaping.
- Handle with upmost care. Open bottle at neck and not the ornament.
- Test on skin first with small dab and wait 5 minutes.
Avoid contact with the eyes.
Do not pour directly into drains, soil or other aquatic environments.
Clean spillages with an absorbent material such as kitchen roll.
FIRST AID PROCEDURES in the event of oil accidentally splashing in your eyes:
- Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes.
- Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do.
- Continue rinsing.
- Seek medical advice if irritation persists.
In the event of ACCIDENTAL SWALLOWING:
- Rinse your mouth with plenty of water.
- Seek medical advice immediately.
Tapputi Luxury Perfume Oils are not responsible for the storage, handling or use of these oils once they have been delivered to you. We cannot be held accountable for any misuse of our oils.
We also cannot be responsible for any medical issues that arise from using our oils e.g. an allergic reaction.